First of all I want to start by saying how proud I am of our players achievements over the years and how excited I am for every new season to come. The growth of our players along with our organization, has been reflected by multiple tournament championships, league championships and many college signings.
I want to extend my thanks to all coaches, player and parents in our organization. You are among the best youth baseball and softball have to offer. Your contributions to our growth as an organization is invaluable.
I love walking around the facility and seeing players at all age levels, excited to enter our facility and work/train to get better. It gives me chills and goose bumps as I just love watching all these players train and get better at the sport they love.
Admittedly I am biased, but I truly feel we have the best training facility in the area. We are working hard to make strides as we grow as an organization, so look to see more additions and improvements to the facility.
Thanks Rob Stevenson- Director/Owner of HITZ
Our mission is to provide opportunities and exposure while competing at the highest levels in youth baseball and softball while instilling discipline, teamwork, sportsmanship, honesty and integrity.
HITZ teaches their players to respect the game, work hard, and to play hard.
"You Gotta Want It"
1. Provide each player with the opportunity to learn, develop, and improve their skills on a regular basis.
2. Provide each player with an atmosphere that encourages mental, social, and emotional maturity.
3. Field successful teams at all levels.
4. Prepare players for high school and college advancement.
The HITZ Baseball and Softball Club focuses on consistent hard work and striving to become a better ballplayer. We believe in pushing your teammates to be better, picking them up when they are down, and always believing in yourself. Character is revealed in times of adversity and baseball provides that adversity. By putting these young baseball players in extremely competitive situations, we help them develop their character which will benefit them not only in baseball, but in life.
Whenever a player goes out onto the field, he cannot always control whether he gets a hit, makes an error, or gives up a home run. A big part of baseball is failure! There are, however, many things each player can control, which play a big part in his ability to be successful and play at a high level!
When a player is on the field, it is very easy to see if it is his passion and if he truly loves the game. It is also just as easy to see if he doesn’t have that passion and is ready for the game to be over with!
How is it so easy to spot the guys with passion?
1. The guys that play with passion are sprinting EVERYWHERE they go on the field. They have a ton of energy and play hard all of the time. They don’t jog out ground balls or fly balls, pout after an error or throw their helmet after a strikeout. It doesn’t mean these guys are happy with falling short, it just means these guys truly love the game and play it the right way!
2. They look like they’re having fun! The higher levels in baseball you go, the more “job-like” it becomes. However, how many times have you gone to a professional game and seen players sitting by themselves pouting? I never have! Whether it’s before the game, during, or after, those guys absolutely love every second of being a baseball player! They can often be seen laughing and playfully chiding each other. That said, it is crucial, of course, to understand the difference between having fun and goofing off.
3. He’s a good teammate. Going along the lines with #2, a player that has passion for the game rubs off on all of his teammates. He is not just focused on himself, but really enjoys watching other people be successful. His attitude is infectious and he is able to inspire others to follow his example. If you come to the field with the same attitude day in and day out, people usually like to be around you!
Every time you walk into a practice or a game, remember that you are getting an opportunity to play a GAME that you love! If you have that approach every single day, baseball will never become a job for you!
Our program is broken into four developmental stages that helps our members develop from the athlete of today to the athlete of tomorrow.
9U/10U – Intro Development:
The Intro Development stage is about learning the fundamentals of baseball with a strong emphasis on fun. We want to promote the importance of having fun within the game of baseball – while also providing proper instruction on baseball fundamentals. Coaches focus on general baseball skills such as proper fielding, throwing, hitting, pitching, running, catching techniques, base running as well as the importance of teamwork and maintaining a certain level of competitiveness in a supportive and fun environment.
11U/12U – Advanced Development:
The Advanced Development stage continues to focus on the fun of learning fundamentals while introducing advanced concepts of the game. All the while, we never lose sight of the importance of providing a fun environment to learn in. As members continue to develop and hone their fundamental skills, they will dive into leading, advanced base-running, defensive plays, off-speed pitches, advanced fielding and other key aspects of the game which will prepare them for the big diamond someday.
13U/14U– High School Prep:
The High School Prep stage focuses on getting our members ready for the next level – which is high school baseball. Aspects such as strength training, agility, flexibility, along with baseball skills are introduced to provide members a proper path to improving their physical abilities. HITZ Baseball members are prepared to be the best and stand out during their high school tryouts. We also focus on numerous life skills that apply to baseball such as leadership, time management and accountability.
15U-17U – College Prep Stage:
The College Prep stage focuses on getting our members ready for the next level. Aspects such as strength training, agility, flexibility, along with baseball skills are introduced to provide members a proper path to improving their physical abilities. HITZ Baseball members are prepared to be the best and stand out during their high school tryouts. We also focus on numerous life skills that apply to baseball such as leadership, time management and accountability. Team will be playing in showcase events which will get the exposure for the next level.
27088 Morelli Dr
Chesterfield, MI 48094